But first, here are some facts you may find interesting:
- The core technology has been in development since 1999 and was initially invented by Skulpt co-founder, Seward Rutkove, MD, as a new tool to evaluate muscular disorders in patients with ALS.
- Early development and research for CM was funded by National Institute of Health (NIH) and National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Skulpt's core technology has been used in the medical space since 2009 in some of the top research hospitals in the US, pharmaceutical companies, and clinical research trials.
- It has even been used in collaboration with NASA to measure the weightlessness of mice in space.
- Skulpt pivoted to the consumer space in 2013, with the goal of making this technology accessible to the mass market, and empowering fitness enthusiasts to better understand their muscle quality in order to perform better.